Friday, August 19, 2011

"It's a bad world for dogs."

The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams
Date Finished: July 14, 2011
Number of Pages: 416
Rating: 5 out of 5
Books Toward Goal: 4 out of 25 (16%)

Richard Adams has done it again!  Captured my heart with the most lovable, well-written creatures ever.  I've decided I'm really no good at writing reviews so I'll be taking an alternate approach to this one.  I loved back in elementary school and even in Junior High how book reports usually involved some sort of art project.  So I've decided that that's what I'll do.

I checked out a book from the library awhile ago called Creating Life-Like Animals in Polymer Clay.  Using the knowledge I sort of gleaned from that book I decided to render the two main characters in Polymer clay (better known as Sculpey).

Rowf: the escaped Mongrel from the Animal Research and Science something or other.  The acronym is A.R.S.E.  He had been undergoing tests in the research lab about how long a dog could survive underwater if he was continually left in for longer and longer periods of time.
 Snitter: Terrier who was sold to A.R.S.E. after his master's death and escaped with Rowf.  He had a complicated brain surgery that sort of melds fact and fiction.  It's rather hard to explain.



1 comment: