Tuesday, March 8, 2011

SOLS: Let It Be Lent!


Mardi Gras!!! Okay, I didn't actually celebrate Fat Tuesday or Carnival, but it was a really great day. And...I am looking forward to celebrating Lent. Lent? I hear you, my imaginary audience, ask. But, Megan, you're not Catholic, and besides is Lent really something you celebrate? Isn't it more something you suffer through?
Yes. I know, it can be, and not by my reckoning. A few years ago I jokingly told people that for Lent I was giving up the dreadful habit of being wrong, but this year I'm taking it seriously--Lent, that is. I officially renounce complaining. No complaining for 40 days. Not one moan, groan, whine, or kvetch! Will I succeed? All my money says no, but I'm going to try anyway. I think life will be better if I say it is, or if I don't say that it isn't. So come Lent, come gentle Lent, come, cheer-filled, sun-browed Lent! I celebrate you!
(Shakespeare and Whitman?)

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a hefty Lenten goal, I wish you the best of luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! So far I'm not doing so well, it's hard, but it is making me much more aware of my attitude and what I am saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's disappointing to discover you're religious.

    ReplyDelete