Monday, March 7, 2011

SOLS: Louis XIV, King of China?

I'm hanging out with Amanda, doing homework. It's nice (minus the homework part). She's working on Art History and I'm studying for tomorrow's midterm. Sometimes I wish we could trade--I'll write about how Caravaggio influenced artists all over Europe and she can compile a list of the characteristics of sentimental literature.
Then she leans over to ask me if the following sentence seems right. "King Louis called himself Sun Ling." She's been filling out answers on a worksheet from a wordbank where Sun King has been mis-typed as Sun Ling. Now we can't stop seeing Louis XIV in a Versailles-turned-pagoda shouting to all his officials and heads-of-this-and-that, "I am Sun Ling! Call me Sun Ling!"
Typos make me smile.


1 comment:

  1. Cute Slice. You're right -- sometimes typos provide the best smiles.
    Happy writing,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete